Friday, April 2, 2010

GOOD Friday

Well--we made a trip to Ville Platte today. It was the first time my father saw Lydia and my mother hadn't seen her since she was born. The day went well--although we were an hour late getting out of the house and we (that would be my handsome husband) missed two exits on the way there-- further prolonging our delay. But--we made it intact without any tears from the back seat. Phew!
The day was made complete after a long nap! I found this picture in my camera that my sister must have taken during my siesta. I crashed right after lunch along with Lydia--could it have been the wonderful from-scratch Italian cream cake that my mother made? Or was it just the 5 hours of sleep and 3 hours of morning activity PRIOR to leaving this morning? Maybe both.....

On the way home, Brett and I remembered why we celebrate "Good" Friday. Thank you Jesus--for going to the cross--for me!


1 comment:

  1. wow, she even makes faces like her daddy :) how'd she learn that so quick?!

    ReplyDelete